Friday 7 March 2008

Tenderly

Such a sensitive sensation. I've been feeling so elated lately. Various reasons for that, I know, but for some strange reason the tenderness of my emotions is so easy to describe today.

I've only had a few hours to sleep last night, working on this editing of a music video I am doing, so maybe lack of sleep might explain my light-headedness. Regardless of that, in my drowsiness all day I have had this new-found clarity of perception that was also ignited by corny music (lurve that) and the strange weather we've been having lately.

Every thought, every memory that's been coming to my head, every idea and just about all of my actions today have been touched by goosebumps along my spine, as if a mysterious pair of lips has been stalking my every move, breathing a humid breath down my neck, along every single part of my skin. Several times I caught myself smiling for no particular reason and it's as if I got a rose tinted filter before my eyes. Sounds have been caressing my every step, be it music, be it the alarm going off in houses nearby (due to temporary power failures we've been having), a strange dog's barking, footsteps on the apartment upstairs, or even brown leaves dancing outside my window.

No alcohol, chocolate or drugs inside me. Still, I feel completely stoned, high on some unknown substance or potion I forget ever having taken. I swear I weigh less, or even I could almost levitate a tiny bit at certain moments during the day. And all this despite a strange little muscular pain on my lower back that's been unsuccessfully attempting to pester me. I am not in Love, not right now anyway, so I can't attribute all this to a sense of longing for something new. I've been alone for a while now, and can't say I am not afraid of the perspective of something new that might well (or may not) arrive. Complete strangers have been flirting with me and though I thoroughly enjoy the attention (a genuine Leo being that I am), I've been sheltering myself from any potential alien attempt at "breaking -in". So it's not Love that's getting me here.

What I do know is that something or someone out there, has mysteriously unlocked my old rusty lock, and fresh blood has been pumping into my heart ever since. That would explain this strange new substance inside me. I've been running on old, dark red for so long, I forgot what it feels like to have fresh, new, vibrant, fiery red fuelling my todays.

I like it.

Love may not be here yet, but I'll tell you this:

My gates are open, once again and spring cleaning is afoot. So who knows? Maybe soon I'll be flying again. Alongside cheeky little penguins.

About fucking time too.

No comments: