Friday 4 July 2008

It's In A Kiss

We all know, and often talk about, how important it is to SHOW our feelings, our emotions, not just by words, but by our actions & behaviour too. Especially our actions. Even a small gesture can convey some of our deepest, hidden emotions. A touch that seems like it was by accident, a look that lingers ever so slightly longer than it should, a smile that exposes the vein on the forehead, in a way that only that particular smile can. And then there's kissing. The beginning and end of everything.

There is an infinite amount of things that can be said by the simple gift of a kiss. A polite near-miss peck on the cheek. A fleeting (fatherly-almost) touch on the forehead. A playful caress that aims to tease. A tender comforting exposure of body warmth. A closed-eyed, powerful, almighty breathing-pause of a kiss that makes us travel to the edges of the universe and back.

I could go on for hours. And In fact I have (on several occasions in the past). But there is ONE really powerful kiss, that surprises even me with its ability to influence emotions inside. It's a kiss that takes you back and throws you into a turbulent sense of being, a place few other kisses ever can take you, a kiss few other kisses can even begin to compare to.

No, I am not talking about the Love kiss. That is OF COURSE the most powerful of all. It's so powerful in fact, that it can raise people from the dead (metaphorically speaking). No, it's not that divine-gift-of-the-heart kiss I am talking about here. I am talking about a kiss that's not as powerful as the Love kiss, but it's pretty damn close in terms of its impact on the human heart.

I'm talking about the kiss that has been denied from you.

I don't care if it's by accident, or on purpose. I don't care if it's coincidental or subconscious. I don't care if it should belong to one of those categories above or not. If it's a casual or polite one that was forgotten or hurriedly passed by. That's all irrelevant. But that kiss someone has avoided giving you, is a fucking bitch of a kiss and its strength and impact can change the course of a human heart.

I think one of those dreaded ones came into my life and it's already started changing me from within.

No comments: